Find out more about
Fat Grafting with Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
Facial fat grafting involves carefully taking some fat from a donor site (mainly abdomen), maintaining its viability, processing it and injecting it into the facial areas that have lost volume.
In our practice, we additionally use a technique of platelet-rich plasma in combination with fat to get better long-term results. Fat transfer injections to the face are a safe, natural, non-allergenic procedure designed to recontour and revolumize the face.
This minimally invasive procedure is performed under local anaesthetic and takes approximately 1 hour.
You are able to go home immediately afterwards.
- Minimally invasive office procedure that is performed under local anaesthetic
- Use of your own body tissue results with long lasting result
- Imitated visible natural-looking result
- Combined as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery
The technique of facial fat grafting utilises your own fat tissue from any donor site to restore facial volume.
In order to achieve a controlled and long lasting result we use our own technique where we combine the fat with specify processed PRP (platelet-rich plasma).
It is sometimes referred to as non surgical face-lifting.
Good candidates are patients with:
- Plump thin lips
- Shallow contours of the mid-face
- Recessed scars
- Bags under eyes
Not good candidates are patients with:
- Extremely loose or sagging skin. Surgery is a better course of treatment in these cases.
WHAT RESULTS TO EXPECT?
Conditions treatable with fat grafting:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours of the mid-face
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Reconstruct contour deformities in the face
- Decrease or remove the shadow of the lower lids
- Asymmetrical facial features
In addition to adding volume to the face and making it look more youthful, often the transplanted fat improves the quality of your skin – as the wrinkles are less visible.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR FACIAL FAT TREATMENT?
- No pre-treatment protocol is needed in case of facial fat grafting.
Know more about
Fat grafting is performed either at an LF office as an outpatient under local anaesthetic or in the operating room.
Through liposuction, fat is removed from a donor site where your fat is most tightly packed, usually from the thighs or abdomen.
After the fat is removed, it is processed to remove excess fluids and PRP is added to make the transplanted fat more viable after it is injected into the face.
will be placed back into the natural fat compartments in the face where the
volume has been lost. Using this LF technique, we will give you the most
natural and best overall outcome.
Time to heal
little downtime after fat grafting as it is a minimally invasive
- The most common side effects are bruising and swelling in the areas of the transfer.
- Any discomfort during fat transfer recovery can be managed with medication.
Although generally safe, botulinum toxin side effects and complications can include:
- Bruising at the injection site
- Redness and swelling in the injection site
- Resorption of transplanted fat with time
- If you gain weight (more than 15 kg), there is a risk your face will grow as well
They will take care of you
MEET THE TEAM
PETER JFM LOHUIS, MD PHD
BORIS FILIPOVIĆ, MD PHD
BOŽO GORJANC, MD
MAJA KOVAČEVIĆ, MD
LUKA VIDAKOVIĆ, OR TECHNICIAN
SANJA ŠKOPAC, BEAUTICIAN
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
· During your consultation, we will discuss your goals while also analysing your face features, skin condition and the aging process of your face.
· This will give us clues on what to expect from fat grafting procedure.
· Immediately after the procedure, a patient will be able to see the results of the fat transfer to face process.
· Typically, some fraction of the injected fat cells are absorbed by the body, so often more fat cells than necessary will be injected, giving the face a swollen appearance at first.
· Most of the time, the area will decrease in fullness over of the next few weeks or months.
· Long term results vary from patient to patient. Fat injections in the face may last up to three years.
· The number of facial fat transfer procedures required is patient dependent. Most patients undergo a single treatment and are pleased with their results.
· There are other cases in which patients request additional volume. In these situations, the procedure may be repeated.
· It is very easy to add more volume, but very difficult to remove transplanted fat.
· We believe in conservative and natural results, compared to creating overly full unnatural results.
· With the transplantation of live tissue, the survival depends on the surgical techniques, the age of the patient, the health of the patient and the location of the transfer.
· With all of these variables in mind, it is difficult to tell a patient exactly how much of the fat survives.
· The current scientific estimate
is that more than 50% of the fat will survive, especially if processed with
· One of the greatest benefits of fat grafting is that there is no chance of an allergic reaction as you are using your own fat.
· Additionally, the results of facial fat transfer last longer than fillers. This can make fat transfer more cost effective in the long term.
Feel free to
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Fill out the questionnaire and schedule your first visitCONSULTATION