Find out more about
Botulinum Toxin (Botox)
Facial movements eventually lead to one of the most common signs of aging – wrinkles. They can make you appear tired or even angry.
One of the quickest and safest solutions to remove wrinkles is an injection of botulinum toxin type A, which is a purified substance derived from bacteria.
When injected into the muscle, it blocks the nerve signals to that muscle enabling temporary contractions. It is most frequently used to diminish unwanted facial wrinkles, but it can also be used to alter appearance by facial countering or by elevating and decreasing facial areas.
- Cost-effective way to quickly improve facial appearance
The injection of botulinum toxin can temporarily reduce or eliminate fine lines and facial wrinkles by blocking nerve signals to particular facial muscles.
Good candidates are patients with:
- Smooth crow's feet, forehead furrows, frown lines, lip lines
- Neck bands
- Dimpling of the skin of the chin
- Mild lateral brow ptosis
- Gummy smile
- Exaggerated and square jaw lines
Not good candidates are patients with:
- Deep facial lines or wrinkles
- Extremely loose or sagging skin
WHAT RESULTS TO EXPECT?
Wrinkle areas most commonly treated with BTX are: frown lines, forehead creases and crow's feet near the eyes.
Several other areas can be treated with Botox such as thick bands in the neck, thick jaw muscles, lip lines and gummy smiles.
BOTOX can be used to:
- Treat smooth crow's feet, forehead furrows, frown lines, lip lines and bunny lines
- Diminish neck bands
- Improve the appearance of skin dimpling on the chin
- Lift the corners of the mouth
- Lift the corners of the lateral brow
- Soften a square jaw line
- Correct a gummy smile
You may notice results within a few days, but it can take up to a week to see the full effect. This improvement typically lasts about three to six months. When the effects of botulinum toxin begin to fade, your muscle reactions and the wrinkles will return.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR TREATMENT?
- No pre-treatment protocol is needed in case of botulinum toxin injections.
Know more about
Injections of botulinum toxin may seem like a simple procedure to you. But it's actually both an art and science that only an experienced healthcare professional should do. There are 43 muscles in your face and it's vital that the person who performs botulinum toxin injections understands and pinpoints the correct spots to optimize your treatment.
A very thin needle is used to inject small amounts of botulinum toxin into specific muscles. In our practice we use New Local Vibration Anaesthesia - NeuvibeTM so the injection is almost pain free.
By carefully choosing specific muscles, we only weaken the wrinkle-producing muscles, preserving your natural facial expressions.
Botulinum toxin treatment injections usually take less than 15 minutes. The number of injections you need depends on your facial features and the extent of your wrinkles. Crow's feet, for example, usually require two to three injections. Furrows above your brow could require five or more.
Time to heal
- There is no down time or recovery time for botulinum toxin injections.
- You may resume normal activities immediately.
One note of caution:
- Don't rub or massage the treated areas after the Botox treatment because it can cause the botulinum toxin to migrate to another area of your face. If this happens, you might experience temporary facial weakness or drooping.
generally safe, botulinum toxin side effects and complications can include:
- Bruising and pain at the injection site
- Flu-like symptoms
- Temporary facial weakness or drooping
They will take care of you
MEET THE TEAM
PETER JFM LOHUIS, MD PHD
BORIS FILIPOVIĆ, MD PHD
BOŽO GORJANC, MD
MAJA KOVAČEVIĆ, MD
LUKA VIDAKOVIĆ, OR TECHNICIAN
SANJA ŠKOPAC, BEAUTICIAN
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
· During your botulinum toxin consultation we will discuss your goals while also analysing your face features skin condition and aging process of your face.
This will give us clues on what to expect from the BTX treatment.
· Facial plastic surgeons that will perform your treatment are certified by the European Board of Facial Plastic Surgery.
· It is important to choose a surgeon you can trust, so be well informed.
· The procedure is done in the surgeon’s office. Small needles are used for injections using a new type of vibrant anaesthesia, making the procedure painless. Procedure takes no more than 15 minutes.
· You will look fresh and youthful without the fine winkles on your face and you may notice results within a few days.
· This improvement typically lasts about three to six months.
· It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of stress.
· Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.
Feel free to
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Fill out the questionnaire and schedule your first visitCONSULTATION